Wednesday 31 December 2014

Seven Day Motivation Spell by Autumn Ravenflower

A seven day spell tied in with planetary magic to boost motivation written by our very own Autumn Ravenflower:

I will set myself up a small working altar for my seven day spell and use one candle holder but seven colour corresponding candles for each planet and day. I will carve the planet symbol on each candle and use if possible crystals and herbs/plants that also correspond with that planet. I will also use the numbers associated with each planet. For example, one of Mars numbers is 25, so I may cast that day's spell at 25 minutes past an hour.

There are many incense blends that I could buy for each planet correspondence but as I don't have those to hand, I will smudge with frankincense to create sacred space and stimulate positive energies.

The first planet I am going to start with is Mars. I'm starting with Mars because this is the most potent one to start with I feel. Mars Beneficial is winning and taking action. The zodiac sign connected with Mars is Aries, my sun and moon sign and Aries are energetic and want to make things happen!

Mars day is Tuesday is perfect for starting new goals and finishing long overdue projects. So this all ties in nicely with the spell that I am writing.

Set up on my altar will be the following:

A red candle - this is one of Mars' two colours but I chose red as it also corresponds with the Mars element of Fire and red speaks to me of a passion to get the job done.

Mustard Seed - this fiery seed is excellent for success and strength.
A garnet which is one of Mars' stones.
Lighting the candle I will ground and centre and invoke the planets energies by saying:

"On this Tuesday, the day of Mars
I call upon its energies and power
As I burn this candle red
It's strengths I will devour”

After the third time, I will say "so mote it be!"

Day Two: Mercury

Now I have set the wheels - or planets - into motion, so to speak, Mercury will set the spell on the right course to move forward. Mercury's beneficial influences include helping memory and communication. Eloquence in writing and a great time for study.

Wednesday is a great communication day.

Set up on my altar will be the following:
A pale blue candle - pale blue which is one of Mercurys colours speaks to me of a quiet confidence. Calm and reflective to embark on my "doing" journey ahead.

Daffodils and dandelions are associated with Mercury for their bright ideas and high communication. It is the wrong time of year for those but yellow is a good colour for clarity so I will place on my altar some yellow citrine and Amber which enhances thought and memory - just what I need! Also cloves to improve memory and focus.

Again I will light my candle, ground and centre and say:

"On this Wednesday, the day of Mercury
I call upon its energies and power
As I burn this candle blue
It's strengths I will devour”

After the third time: "so mote it be!"

Day Three: Jupiter

Now this is where things really get moving! Jupiter has a way of lighting a fire under us and making us get a shifty on. Thursday is known as one of the most productive days. Jupiter takes its name from the Greek God who was king of his pantheon and was a highly confident larger than life deity. Things got done when he was around and utilising the planets energies will ensure that started tasks are well under way now.

Set up on my altar will the following:

A purple candle. Purple is one of Jupiters two colours and purple means to me passion, which is what I hope to achieve to undertake my tasks fully.
Sapphire is one of Jupiters stones. I do have a sapphire ring so that will be placed on it.
Thyme is a plant that is associated with Jupiter. It is also used in Magickal workings to keep a positive attitude if facing difficult tasks.

"On this Thursday, the day of Jupiter
I call upon its energies and power
As I burn this candle purple
It's strength I will devour"

(3rd - "so mote it be!")

Day Four - Venus

Venus speaks of love and contentment and by now, the spell is over halfway there and should be starting to manifest.

The Goddess Venus, who the planet was named after, was born from the seas and the waves moved her to her final destination. Using Venus's planetary influences, my spell will gradually now move forwards to its final destination too.

Set up on my altar will be:
A pink candle. One of Venus's colours, pink is a soft colour, rosy and warm.
Venus's stone is emerald but as I don't have one, the next natural choice is my rose quartz.
An apple. Associated with Venus but also as a symbol of fertility and nourishment. Fertility and nourishment in achieving my goals and tasks.
Silver is also suggested for beneficial workings so I will also place a silver piece of jewellery on my altar too.

"On this Friday, the day of Venus
I call upon its energies and power
As I light this candle pink
It's strengths I will devour"

3rd - "so mote it be!"

Day Five - Saturn

Things are really on a roll now! Venus's energies might have led me to think that things are all rosy now but I mustn't be led into a sense of security - I need to concentrate on the task in hand and get my intent into my spell on this, the homeward lap of my seven day spell.

Saturn's energies are more likely to get you to get the jobs done that you need to. Saturday - it's day - is best for studying and homework. Saturns energies will really crack that whip to ensure I'm not even thinking of procrastinating.

Set up on my altar will be:
A black candle - for power and strength
Onyx - One of Saturn's stones. This will also keep you stabilised, grounded and focused.
Ivy - plant associated with Saturn also corresponding with development.

"On this Saturday, the day of Saturn
I call upon its energies and power
As I light this candle black
It's strengths I will devour"

Day Six - Sun

Although Sunday is generally thought of as a rest day, Suns energies are also about expressing, expanding and growth. Time to see those tasks and chores come together - reaping what you have sowed. The Sun is nurturing all the good you have put in so far.

On my altar I would have:
Orange candle - one of the Suns colours also represents personal strength
Nutmeg - for clarity of mind
Carnelian - increase ambition and drive and also one of the Suns crystals.

"On this Sunday, the day of Sun
I call upon its energies and power
As I light this candle orange
It's strengths I will devour"

3rd - "so mote it be!"

Day Seven - The Moon

Last day of the spell. Interesting day to finish it on and I had to check in which phase the moon would be in on that day. Monday, the moons day is a time of quiet, rest and relaxation. After using the planets energies for seven days, I will indeed need to relax and rest.

The last day of the spell will be two days after the full moon. On the fifth day of the spell, the moon will be full and this will be a time of great energy and power. As the moon goes into waning gibbous two days after, I can use its energies to contemplate, relax and let the fruition of the spell commence.

Items for my altar will include:
Silver candle
Stone: pearl. One of the moons stones and used to heighten imagination.
Potato: a plant that corresponds with the moon. Also for stability and firm foundations.
As this is the last day, I will plant the potato in the earth to represent fruition of the spell, firm its foundations so to speak.

"On his Monday, the day of the Moon
I call upon its energies and power
As I burn this candle silver
It's strengths I will devour"

After the third time as I say "mote it be", I will plant the potato in the soil outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment